4159 Suwannee Canal Road
Celebrate Okefenokee Day at the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge with discounted boat tours and special programs.
To celebrate Okefenokee Day, Okefenokee Adventures will be collaborating with staff from the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge! We will be providing discounted 90 minute boat tours from 9:30AM to 2:30PM. There will also be free drop-in programs (no registration required) throughout the day:
- Palmetto Broom Making Demonstration at the Chesser Island Homestead.
- Captive animal showing at the environmental education classroom.
- Guided hikes on the Chesser Island Boardwalk.
Tour routes may vary with water levels, weather, and wildlife activity. Every tour is different as each guide brings his or her own perspective to your swamp experience. Our staff includes well-known authorities on alligator biology, wetland ecology, and Okefenokee cultural history.
February 8, 2023
- BOAT TOURS run every hour on the half hour from 9:30am – 2:30pm.
- THE PALMETTO BROOM MAKING DEMONSTRATION will run at the Chessar Island Homestead at 10am and at 2pm.
THE GUIDED WALKS along the Chesser Island Boardwalk will be at 12:00pm and 3:00pm.
- THE LIVE ANIMALS will be shown in the environmental education classroom at 11:00am and 1:00pm
WHERE: Okefenokee Adventures, 4159 Suwannee Canal Road, Folkston, GA 31537
DISCOUNTED BOAT TOUR COST:
Children Ages 4-11: $15
Infants ages 3 and under: Free
REGISTER FOR YOUR BOAT TOUR: CLICK HERE
For more information contact: