The Okefenokee Partnership enhances appreciation for the Okefenokee Swamp through education and marketing, increasing visitation, and growing the economic impact in South Georgia through ecotourism.
The Okefenokee Partnership is comprised of the three entities that manage the visitor entrances to the Okefenokee Swamp, and the neighboring gateway communities.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge)
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources – State Parks and Historic Sites (Stephen C. Foster State Park)
- Okefenokee Swamp Park, Inc (Okefenokee Swamp Park and Adventures)
- Okefenokee Chamber of Commerce (Folkston, GA)
- Waycross Convention and Visitors Bureau (Waycross, GA)
- City of Fargo and Homerville Main Street
Working collaboratively to promote and market the valuable ecotourism opportunities in the Okefenokee Swamp will allow the Okefenokee Swamp to serve as a major economic driver in these communities by bringing in additional visitors that stay, play, and eat in the Okefenokee region.
Port Wentworth Visitor Information Center Exhibit – Four million visitors annually will now get to experience this interactive and informative exhibit about the Okefenokee Swamp and our most popular resident, the American Alligator! This exhibit was recently awarded the TravelBlazers Award by the Georgia Chamber and Visitors Bureau.
Visit the Swamp Website – A beautifully designed website has been created featuring all of the Okefenokee Swamp visitor entrances and the wide variety of recreational opportunities. VisitTheSwamp.com